Monday, March 22, 2010

Sydney boys and me

I met the Sydney Guy on Saturday.  There are so many things I want to say about him, and yet I dont know where to start.  Perhaps the start is a good place...

We met on Saturday night.  Some of you reading this would have received my text message with the riddle.  These were the clues about what he had planned for us on Saturday night.  Date one was Luna Park.  We had so much fun going on all the rides and got a couple of photos together.  He has the most gorgeous blue eyes.  I could look into them for ages without getting bored.  After Luna Park closed, we were walking back to the train station when fireworks started going off near the bridge.  Totally amazing being under the bridge with him beside me, watching the fireworks.  He jokingly tells me that this was organised for me ;) Once the fireworks finish, we catch the train back to Circular Quay and get ice cream and sit and chat with the Harbour Bridge and Opera House in front of us.  Amazing.  We get back on the train, and I get off at Town Hall to catch another train to get home.  I lean in for a hug, and get nothing really back.  I feel confused... how could I have misread the signs?

We'd organised to catch up Sunday during the day too.  Once again, he gave me clues on Saturday to guess where we'd be going.  I like this game.  I guessed right.  We met at Circular Quay and caught the ferry over to Manly.  This bit I like about meeting someone new.  The freshness of it.  The 'dancing' - you know where you take a step forward, but not quite all the way, and then step back, then they do the same. And you dance around each other, sussing each other out, working out where this might be going, what the boundaries are.  So many times on the sand we almost kissed.  So many times I thought "this is it - he's about to kiss me" and then nothing.  We got some amazing photos together yesterday.  If you're on my Facebook I'll probably post a few for you.  He's absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure you can see where this is going already.  We held each other on the sand, held hands on the way back to the ferry after lunch.  When we were on the beach, he said something to which I replied, "yes I thought about that this morning".  He said that he was a mind reader.  Our faces were so close, and I said "oh yeah? so what am I thinking now then?" and I thought for sure we were about to kiss.  I cannot describe that moment.  Its the moment you see in the movies.  Even as I write it all down, there just don't seem to be the words that describe it.

We got on the ferry back to the city.  He held me from behind as I stood at the rail.  We took more amazing photos - did I mention how gorgeous he is? And then suddenly, we're facing each other and I dont even remember what we were saying.  Our faces get closer and closer as we do the 'dance'.  He's looking at me, he's looking at me in the eyes as he speaks.  I contemplate looking away.  I am scared that if he keeps looking into my eyes he'll see just how much I want this, how much I want him and then suddenly our lips are almost touching and then they're touching and he's kissing me.  I kiss him back.

The kiss isn't like the Gruen's.  It doesn't make my body tingle everywhere.  But it takes my breath away.  Just not in the same way.  It doesn't touch me through my body but it touches me through every inch of my soul.  It's a kiss I want very very much.  Cupid has shot me with that bloody arrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment