Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And the plot thickens... Part 1

Last week, Gruen suggested we go to GOMA on Sunday afternoon and after that, we'd spend the rest of the afternoon hanging out, have dinner together and then I'd stay at his apartment for the night.

On Saturday, I received a text message from him saying that he had a headache and a temperature.  Next thing I know, he's apparently at the doctor getting antibiotics.  When I joked, "you're not a hypochondriac are you?" to which he replied that he was going to get something to knock it on its head before it got too bad because he wouldn't have time this week to be sick, or to go to the doctor. 

I had a feeling he was setting the scene to cancel on me on Sunday and I was once again proven right when I was woken by a text message at 8am Sunday morning saying that he'd been vomiting all night and had diarrhea.  He said he'd go back to bed and hopefully by the afternoon he'd feel well enough to see me, to which I replied he'd be better off getting better - lets face it, if he was lying, there was no way he was ever going to see me, and if he wasn't lying, having just gotten over a cold, I didnt want to catch a bug too!

Then he messages me Sunday arvo to say that he is at the hospital and on a drip from dehydration.  I find that bit difficult to believe.

I've got to run, but when I have time I'll write more about what has happened since then.  And I'll blog about this blue fish I added to the bowl.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment