Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And the plot thickens Part 3

Gruen and I had our first arguments yesterday.  On that basis alone, I've decided to walk away.  This is why...

On Monday when we caught up, Gruen asked if I would go out to dinner with him tonight, on the Gold Coast with clients of his.  The suggestion from him was that I would stay at his apartment that night.

It was of course, of little surprise then, that he started to set it up yesterday so that he'd bail on me again.  By email yesterday morning, he said that he had to be at the airport by 3pm to catch a flight to Auckland but that he'd be back, ideally, by lunch time.

He then emails me after 4pm saying that he wasn't able to make that flight and that he'd probably fly later that night.  I replied and asked whether this meant I should make other plans because surely he wouldnt make it to NZ, meet with people, and get back to Brisbane by this afternoon...

He got really defensive and shitty (and in some respect, probably because he felt as though he was being criticised, which, well, he was...) and replied to my email and just told me to do what I want.  It was clear from the email he was annoyed.  I sent him an email before I left work to say I'd be somewhere at 6.30 but that he could call or text me before then.  He messaged me while I was on the train to say I hoped I had a good day.  When I asked if he was shitty at me, he replied with a really cranky message.  Complete over reaction to the situation.  Of course I responded with what I think was a reasonable response about how it makes me feel when he cancels on me.  It was still clear he was annoyed so I left it.

At 5.45 he said he was catching the plane in an hour.  This checks out with the flight timetables.

He then texts me at 9.15pm last night to say he was in Auckland.  I asked him to get me a postcard from the airport... Figured this was a sure fire way of getting evidence, if he brought one back with him.  He wants me to call him because it'll be cheaper for me to call him while he's there.  I told him I had to go out because I was meeting Miss L and Miss S for coffee, to which he gets really upset that I've made these plans and that he has made time for me, and gone straight back to the hotel instead of going for after dinner drinks.

So, he leaves Brisbane at 6.45pm, on a 3 hour flight, and manages to get dinner and text me by 9.15pm?  Does this seem suss to you?

Anyway he gets all upset YET AGAIN.  Somewhere in all of that, he says that he's tired and feels like he's burning his fuse at both ends.  I can't help but think this is nothing more than an excuse for bad behaviour.

I give up on him, go out for coffee, and then come back and end up talking to the Blue Fish til 3am this morning (Blog to come about this).

I sent him a text message when I got home saying I didnt end up making plans with anyone so if he does get back in time for dinner tonight, let me know.  No reply.

He sent a blind copy email to me this morning asking for anyone in Auckland to get in touch with him for lunch.  This email was sent at 8.14amAEST.  That would make it 11.14am Auckland time and he's only just sending an email about lunch? And he was meant to be back by lunchtime here anyway? What the?

I didnt get a reply from him to my text message, til about 5.30pm this afternoon when he tells me that he's just landed but then says he's on the Gold Coast Highway at Robina and going for dinner with the clients... Seems a bit odd that he's JUST landed but yet he's at Robina already... why would he wait til Robina to text me? He then tells me that he moved dinner to 6pm seems I wasn't going anymore. And then he gets shitty because he says he didn't get my message last night, and implies this is my fault.

I dont know, it all just seems like one huge lie after another, and as someone said to me today, it really doesn't matter whether he is telling the truth or not, I dont trust him and thats the most important thing.  After his little temper spits over the past two days, I really am even less than impressed, and less inclined than ever to even want to do anymore detective work into this.  I really think I'll be telling him next time I see him that he cannot commit to more than 1 night a week to see me and all other times he can't see me and that I do at times have difficulty believing some of the things he says that just don't add up.

I was all for working out the mystery before, but not when he's going to crack little tanties like this over stupid stuff.  I wasted 6 months of my life waiting for someone while they finished their thesis, only to find out that the thesis wasn't the problem, it was them.  Even giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is telling the truth, I've still got to wait another 5 or so weeks til he supposedly finishes the role he's currently doing.  Why would I wait that long only to find out once again, that work wasn't the problem, it was actually Gruen all along...?

And, I want to clear the decks for the Blue Fish... If I get time tomorrow night, I'll give you the low down on him.

Til then,
X

4 comments:

  1. Lol i have to laugh, only cuz it's like reading my life when i was with Gruen, actually it was probably the same time you were with him. The guy is a con man, and a pathological liar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, is this another girl who has been conned? Or the one I already spoke to?

    If you're a newby, would love to hear your story. Still havent forgotten about him and will exact my revenge at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am another girl, so i'm a newby to you but i think i'm an oldie in regards to Gruen, i was with him back in July last year. Ruby Blue directed me to you after i was in contact with her. My revenge is coming, as i'm looking into legal action against the SOB. I'm just sorry that i wasn't able to stop him before he got to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No harm done - I never fell for his lies in the first place. Unfortunately other girls did.

    ReplyDelete