Saturday, April 3, 2010

Waiting for tonight

I write this with only an hour or two til I see my Sydney Boy.  I am so excited, I might just burst.  We've spent the last week on Skype every night until all hours, chatting.  Its my favourite part of the day now.  I have butterflies in my stomach every time I think about seeing him today, although I'm not quite sure why.  It is what it is, and will be what it will be... the butterflies aren't from nervousness or worry, but from excitement of what lies ahead this weekend and beyond this weekend.    


Its hard to believe that just over two months ago, I started this blog to keep some of my friends up to date with my internet dating adventures, thinking this would just be a bit of a laugh.  I read back on some of my blogs I've written and I'm glad I documented them - its all part of the journey.  I'm also glad that I wrote about my Sydney Boy - every time I read back over what I've written, its like reliving those moments over and over again.  This and the video calls have been what has carried me through the waiting until I can see him. 

I'm really not sure whether to maintain this blog anymore, I mean, what could I possibly have to write about now? Its certainly not my "Datebook" any longer as the only dates I'll be having anytime in the near (and hopefully far!!) future are with my Sydney Boy. 

He's read this blog now too, by the way.  At first I almost died of embarrassment... but he says he feels the same way.  In fact, he liked a the paragraph where I described our first kiss, so much that he posted (with my permission of course!) that paragraph into his status on Facebook.  Cute!  Now, in a way, I'm kind of glad that he has read it.  He thinks I should keep writing, but I think he just wants to read nice things about himself ;)

I just can't help but be amused at how quickly this blog has almost become a Mills and Boon style romance story... definitely a long way from where it started thats for sure.  I never imagined when I wrote my first blog that things would end up here.

I'd better go make some dinner and get ready for my Sydney Boy.  He says he has a surprise for me this weekend, and, well, I have one for him too, but he doesn't know it yet... 

There are those butterflies again...

1 comment:

  1. Things come to us when we least suspect it ;)

    ReplyDelete