Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A modern day fairytale

Once upon a time, there lived a girl who met a prince.  Unfortunately, before too long, she discovered that the prince was actually a toad in disguise.  She was, needless to say, more than a little disappointed but being the optimist she was, she kept looking.  She then met a toad and given the girl was open to trying new things, she figured she'd give him a go in the hope that maybe the toad would turn into a prince one day.  He didn't.  Time after time, she kept meeting more toads who never turned into princes and more princes who turned out to be toads.  She turned to internet dating because she figured that she may as well have fun kissing all of these toads and at least provide some entertainment to her friends while she was at it.  And then she met her Sydney Boy...

Hans Christian Andersen once said, "life itself is the most wonderful fairytale of all".  This weekend, life with my Sydney Boy was most definitely the most wonderful fairytale of all and I'm, of course, very sad that he's gone home today.

Its so wonderful to meet someone who makes me feel like the most important girl in the world, who treats me like a princess.  I got the most beautiful flowers from my Sydney Boy on Saturday night, as well as yummy chocolate.  I also got a digital keyring which my Sydney Boy tells me means I can take him with me where ever I go.  Little does he know that he already is with me where ever I go because he's in my heart already.

On Sunday we headed to Tin Can Bay, checked into our room and headed down to the beach with a bottle of wine, chocolate dip, strawberries and a towel for sunset.  Of course where we were meant we didnt have the full effect of the sun going down over the water, but it was relaxing nonetheless as we had the little stretch of the beach to ourselves except for the odd person or two who walked their dog past us.  Although it wasn't what I originally had in mind when I said I wanted to see the sunset,  it seemed just right.  In fact, I don't think it would have mattered where we were, as long as we were together.

On Monday we got up extra early to go and feed the dolphins, which was, by the way, pretty cool to be so close to such beautiful creatures.  On our way back home, we stopped at Rainbow Beach briefly, and then at my grandparents for lunch.  I'm told that my grandparents loved him, and think he's the best guy I've been with so far.  I definitely agree.  When we got back to Brisbane, we had dinner with his parents before spending our last night (well at least for a week and a half) together sleeping beside each other.

I took him to catch the plane this morning and I miss him already.  It should be confirmed by the end of today that he'll be back next weekend.  I can't wait...

I can't wait to be on the receiving end of his hugs, his kisses and his affection... I can't wait to make him smile and see the 'sparkle' in his eyes... I can't wait to smell him... I can't wait for more of his massages (sooooo good - definitely the best massage I havent had to pay for!)... I can't wait for more kisses and cuddles from him first thing in the morning.  I can't wait for more of his 'loving'... the loving he gave me 6 times in just over 24 hours.  He's the first man I've actually enjoyed slow sex with and actually wanted more of, which left me pretty surprised.  Its never felt so intense for me like this before.  Sex is usually just, well, sex for me but not with my Sydney Boy.  Its different... What has he done to me?

There's just something about him that I can hold onto...  

Now, if this was a fairytale, this would be where the story ends.  Of course, I would write it so that we would ride off into the sunset to live happily ever after. 

But, you know, I am not sure if I want this to be a fairytale.  Fairytales are just that: they're not real.  I would like to think that what Sydney Boy and I have IS real, and the story won't end here or any other time in the near future. 

The real story... well, that one is only just beginning... and whatever the ending is, I know that in this very moment I am happy and I'm going to enjoy that, come what may.

2 comments:

  1. he looks a sexy man, just don't let him get away then. i like reading these blog's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try not to let him get away, but of course it only works if he is holding onto me too! As long as he does, he won't be getting away any time soon... I think he's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete