Wednesday, February 17, 2010

X Factor status update

I feel like a detective sometimes, having to investigate things. 

Last night I was talking to a friend in her car about the X Factor and she asked what he looked like.  I started to describe him, and then wondered whether he'd be on Facebook to show her a photo from there.  I did a search for him on Facebook Mobile and I find his profile.

I discover from his profile that he is supposed to be in a relationship!  Without sounding too much like a stalker, I checked his profile to discover that his relationship status changed somewhere between 25 November and 2 January.  This is interesting information.  To his defence, it looks like he really doesn't use Facebook much but it does call into question whether he is in a relationship or not.

Although the temptation is strong to call him and confront him about it, I've decided on what I believe to be a far superior approach.  If I call and confront him, logically he'll probably deny it and I really won't know for sure unless I email the girl herself (which of course I'm reluctant to do).

We were meant to have dinner tonight but thanks to QR's delay in me getting home and him running late, I decided it would be too late by the time he got here.  We're seeing each other tomorrow instead. 

Tomorrow, I'll steer the conversation around to our last relationship and get him to say when it was.  If he says something that fits with my discovery on Facebook (ie we just broke up a couple weeks ago etc), I'll probably mention adding him on Facebook to see his reaction.  If he says something that doesn't fit (ie i haven't had a relationship in six months), then I'll call him on his bull shit and send him on his way.  I might be many things, but I'm definitely not the 'other woman'.

Its quite simple really, lull him into a false sense of security and then when I have him trapped, only then will I show my cards. 

Information isn't everything, its how you use it.

2 comments:

  1. facebook has totally taken some of the mystery out of dating - but damn its not like you can't look! in the olden days this sort of information was not accessible to a woman.

    i can't wait to hear what his status really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stupid thing is that if I hadn't been talking to that friend about it, I'd never have seen it.

    Yes, Facebook can be a very dangerous thing... (thats why my Facebook is on private...)

    ReplyDelete