Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Suspicious Minds

In previous blogs, I've said I dont trust Gruen.  I still dont.  I want to document here my suspicions because I know that there have been things from the beginning I just don't trust but I've now forgotten.

He says he's some big shot marketing exec who has worked on billion dollar campaigns of at least two very big companies and that when he left his job in the US, they had over 700 applicants.  I'd expect that someone who is so hot shot would surely be able to get a hit on Google.  Yet, when I google his full name with a whole heap of different terms that you'd think would pull something up, I get nothing.  I've searched for him on Facebook but without being able to narrow it down to age group, its almost impossible to search through the over 500 hits I got matching his name.  I even looked in the whitepages, but the only person with his surname and initial lives at Highgate Hill, not the city, and looking at the building on Google Earth it doesn't look very flash.  I even googled his mobile phone number and looked searched for him on www.pipl.com (a stalkers paradise by the way - its worth going on there just to search for your own name and email addy).

He also says he lives in a four bedroom (3 bedroom, 1 study) apartment in the city... by himself.  I googled the place he says he lives at and there doesn't appear to be any 4 bedroom apartments there, so short of ringing them to confirm, it looks pretty suss...

He was apparently in Sydney yesterday afternoon and apparently came back last night.  When I asked him where he was staying last night, at first he said it was behind XYZ Hotel (name removed purposely) but that he'd have to get up to check how to spell it.  He did eventually send me the name, and according to Google Earth, it isn't entirely behind that Hotel, its about 2 streets away, but I guess given they're both highrises you could be forgiven for saying that its behind that hotel.

He then said that he was down there at a data centre fixing it or something.  Now, if he was in IT, I'd believe him.  I asked him what social media has to do with fixing a data centre to which he replied that he owned his own hosting business for 6 years so he knows how this stuff works and that it saves the company $6k.  Hmmm believable? I guess so.  But if he's on the kinda money he makes out he is in the marketing field, I find it hard to believe that, given he's only 30, he could've feasibly owned a hosting business for 6 yrs and become such a hot shot in the marketing area by the time he's 30.  Sure its possible but.... I dont know, there's just something that doesn't seem right.

When I google his name, all that comes up is some footy guy (definitely not him), and some IT stuff... its possible of course that perhaps everything he's said is the truth except the fact he doesn't actually work in marketing - he could just work in IT, but that seems like a rather stupid lie really.

He wants a sleep over on Sunday night, although I've clarified with him that if I stayed, our clothes would remain on.  On the one hand it'd be handy because perhaps if I saw where he lived then this would cross one of my suspicions off the list, but on the other hand, if he kisses me, I'm not sure how well I'd go keeping the clothes on... suspicions or no suspicions...

No comments:

Post a Comment