Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My first week

I can't believe its Wednesday already.  The week is going so quickly, which is just as well because I can't wait to see my Sydney Boy on Friday night.

I think I'm going to like the new job, even though when I showed up on Monday, no one seemed to know who I was meant to be reporting to, or what work I'd be carrying out.  Luckily they worked it out yesterday when my supervisor was in the office, and so she explained what it is that I'll be doing.  Its very different to what the temp agency told me that I'd be doing, but to be honest, its much more what I'd prefer to do anyway.  There were two of us who started on Monday, but the other girl is less than impressed with the change and I suspect she'll be gone within a week or two.  Selfishly, I don't mind because I figure that if I stay, there'll be less competition if they could only keep one out of the two of us on at the end of the contract...

Because they were so unprepared for my arrival, there was very very little to be done yesterday so I ended up getting an early mark at 1.30pm yesterday.  So, what does a Belladonna do when she unexpectedly gets an afternoon off work? She catches the very next train to surprise her Sydney Boy of course!

My Sydney Boy has worked night shift this week, so I knew that he'd be asleep when I got there.  I had planned to get to his house, undress, and climb into bed with him.  All the way there, I made little bets with myself about how far I could get before he'd wake up, and wondered what he might do when he woke up at each stage of my plan - ie if I can get undressed I'll climb into bed.  If he is still asleep, I'll kiss him on the cheek.  If he is still asleep after this, I'll try and be a little more... er... persuasive in waking him up ;) ... if you catch my drift of course... ;)

So, I caught the next train, and walked 30 to 40 minutes in the pouring rain to his house.  By the time I got to his house, my long pants were wet up to my knees, and my left side from where the umbrella didn't quite reach was wet too.  His house mate let me inside, and I managed to get as far as putting my handbag down, and getting my shoes and jumper off before he woke up.  I was so sure that I'd at least get into his bed before he woke up as I was very very quiet.

I hope I never forget the look on his face yesterday.  At first he had this look of shock and confusion on his face. I explained why I wasn't at work, and he welcomed me into his bed with the biggest smile I think I've ever seen from him yet - it was like he was a little kid at Christmas.  I finished taking my wet clothes off, and joined him in bed where I got lots of kisses and cuddles.  I knew that he had to get his sleep because he had to work nightshift again last night, so I told him to get some sleep.  I didn't go there expecting to get his attention - to be honest, I really just wanted to curl up in his arms and relax with him.  I kept stealing glances at him, and every time I did, he just had the cutest grin on his face.  It was truly adorable, and my heart just melted to see it.  My heart is melting just thinking about it all again now. 

It was so very worth the walk in the wet weather just for those smiles.  After we had a quick bite to eat, he dropped me at the train station to come back to my friend's house.  He later sent me a text message to say that I had "more than made [his] day".  Little does he realise that going to see him had actually more than made my day too. 

And now there are only 2 more sleeps until I can see him again.  I love living in Sydney.  I love being so close to my Sydney Boy.  Right here, right now, in this very moment, my heart is so content... moving to be closer to him was the best thing that I have ever done.  The only thing that could possibly make me even happier right now, is going to sleep in his arms every night, and waking up in his arms every morning.

I truly do adore my Sydney Boy from the very bottom of my heart.  Who would've thought that something so extraordinary could happen to an ordinary girl like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment