Sunday, May 16, 2010

How quickly the first week has flown already!

On Wednesday night, I got my very first radio love song dedication from my Sydney Boy.  It was so very cute!  Isn't he adorable?!

On Thursday, I went in for my interview with the temp agency that went really well.  At the interview, I was offered a 6 week role at a federal govt agency starting tomorrow! As it turns out, she'd literally gotten off the phone to them directly before my interview so it worked out perfectly.  At this stage it is a 6 week thing, but with the possibility of extension.  She gave me a bit of the low down about the area I'll be working in, and the supervisor I'll be working for so that will help me quite substantially I think.  She also said that out of all the govt agencies down here, this one pays the most money and that they will be needing more temps as the year goes on.  I'm hoping that I can get an extension and just remain working for them if its such good pay and working conditions.  I'll be happy with whatever comes though.

My Sydney Boy and I looked at a couple of studio apartments on Saturday so hopefully in the next few weeks I will have a place to call my own - this living out of a suitcase business is really doing my head in...  There are still things he needs to sort out with where he is living now, and I need to somehow manage to scrape up enough proof of ID yet to apply, but we'll see how we go I guess.  I know that some might think that its too soon, and you may very well be right in thinking that but I have a good feeling about this.  The trouble is that with his work schedule and mine, even though I'm closer than I was in Queensland, we will be seeing very little of each other otherwise.  Take, for example, this week.  We had Friday night from 11pm until this afternoon at approx 2pm together, and we won't be seeing each other now until next Friday night.  This is what most weeks will look like. 

And you know, I love going to sleep beside him at night, and waking up beside him in the morning.  I love the way our bodies 'fit' together, and how through the night, no matter when I wake up, we always just seem to be holding each other, no matter how many times we change sleeping positions throughout the night.  I love how he looks when he just wakes up, and how he smiles when he sees me for the first time in the morning.  I love how he looks at me in the eyes when he kisses me.  I love the look he has in his eyes when he does this.  I realise that the novelty of having this every morning and every night may very well wear off, but I'm willing to take the risk.  I just miss him so very much when he's not here.

Last week, my Sydney Boy told me that we were going out to dinner on Saturday night, and then he had some 'entertainment' planned afterwards.  He wouldn't give me clues about what this entertainment was, and all I got out of him on Saturday over dinner was that it was at Penrith, involved entertainment, that it would be a couple of hours, and that he wasnt sure if we were allowed to take photos as the venue may not allow it.  You can imagine my surprise then, when we arrived at the venue to discover that it was the circus he was taking me to!  Very awesome surprise and an awesome night.  How did I ever manage to snag such a wonderful man and how have other women passed this wonderful man up? I, for one, do not plan on letting him go ;)

I've been enjoying the cold weather for the most part: I've enjoyed pulling out the scarf and beanie - something that I don't really get to do at this time of year in Brisbane (and even in the middle of winter sometimes a scarf just feels too hot!).  I'm still acclimatising myself to the cold though as I was definitely unprepared for the cold wind down here in the past week!  I had prepared myself for the cold temperature but not winds!  I've warn a scarf every single day since I've been down here.  Last night just to go to the circus, I wore a long sleeve shirt (thin), a vest, two jumpers, a scarf and a beanie.  Next weekend my Sydney Boy is taking me to my first ever football match so that sure will be the next real test of my endurance when it comes to the cold weather!

Anyway, I have to be up at 6am tomorrow morning so I'd best get a good night's sleep.  I'll write again some time through the week.  I hope that this week flies just like the last one so it won't be that long until I'll be in my Sydney Boy's arms again to get all the kisses and cuddles and 'lovin' I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment