Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello from Sydney

Tonight I'm writing to you from my new home: Sydney.

I'd like to be able to say that my last day in Brisbane was awesome but unfortunately it wasnt.  I woke up at 3am, 5am and 7am feeling very unwell and ended up vomiting each time.  Needless to say a trip to the doctor was in order to be able to get on my 2pm flight.  The doctor sent me to the nurse who gave me a needle in my arm to stop the vomiting, which ironically made me vomit again (which is no surprise as needles usually have this effect on me!) and has now also given me a sore left arm.  I was lucky that I got an awesome nurse who apologised (as if somehow he was deliberately doing something to hurt me for no reason lol) and rubbed my  back as I was vomiting.  It seemed kind of comforting.  The rest of the day was a bit of blur feeling like shit and very disorientated.  I got a half hour nap in before going to the airport to catch the plane.

The flight was the most uncomfortable flight ever, and certainly felt like forever.  I just kept my eyes closed as much as possible and ended up napping in ten to fifteen minute blocks for the duration of the flight.  My Sydney Boy picked me up from the airport and brought me home, giving me plenty of TLC to assist in my recovery.  He made me rice and veges for dinner following doctors orders of a healthy diet for the next couple of days. As a result of the lack of sleep, and tthe side effects of the needle and nausea tabs I was very tired so it was an early night for the both of us.

I woke up this morning with a massive headache and a sore chest.  My stomach doesnt feel nearly as bad as yesterday and I can actually form coherent thoughts so I'm happy about that.  Nurofen is my friend at the moment to ward away the headache.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the temp agency for an interview.  Hopefully they'll get me something relatively quickly (although I won't be stressing if I get a week off between now and getting me work!).  After tomorrow, who knows really what the future holds for me.  All I know is that I'm glad that I'm finally here, and enjoying all the affection I'm getting from my Sydney Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment