Sunday, November 14, 2010

In my dreams

I have been having such weird dreams lately that I actually remember when I wake up.  First there was the one where there was a big snake or python in a tree that chased me, along with all it's tiny little baby snakes and they all bit me all over my feet and then after that I spent my time chasing horses up some hill covered in sunflowers.  Then there was the one where my mum gave me someone's baby girl that she'd tried suffocating with plastic over her mouth and nose (WTF?!?!).  Then there was the one I had this afternoon when I lay down beside my Sydney Boy who was napping before he went to work tonight.

In the dream, there was a girl, apparently an ex girlfriend of his who was trying to get him back.  She was quite beautiful and she kept doing things, trying to break us up, and doing things to make him fall for her.  In my dream each time she was there, my heart was in my mouth, scared he'd choose her and leave me.  Each time in my dream, he chose me!

When I woke up, I couldn't help but marvel once again at how lucky I am to have met him.  Usually our sub conscience shows us the things we fear in our dreams.  But in my dream, my Sydney Boy chose me!  I couldn't help but feel proud of how secure that I feel in this relationship, not only consciously, but subconsciously too.

I couldn't help but stare at my Sydney Boy sleeping beside me and feel my heart swell with love for him, the man who went out last night after 10pm just to get me a banana to take some headache tablets (I can't take tablets without food) and some milk to make a cup of tea to help the headache. 

The man who came home last night with 2 cartons of orange juice as well because he knows I hate carrying them up the hill from the shopping centre. 
 
The man who got up early yesterday to cook me breakfast. 

The man who is driving into the city tomorrow afternoon just to pick up the plants I got for free on Friday so we can have some colour on our balcony

The man who is taking me to Fiji for my birthday and to New Zealand in February. 

The man who showers me with kisses and attention. 

The man who never fails to make me laugh, even when I'm in a bad mood or had a bad day.

The man who has already planned what he will cook for me for dinner on the nights he has off this week that I just know will be all relatively healthy. 

The man who cooked me a chicken stir fry the other night after dinner just so I'd have something healthy to take to work for lunch the next day. 

The man who always makes sure there's something quick and easy in the freezer for me to cook on nights he's working and I'm by myself so I don't just have ice cream for dinner, or not eat at all. 

The man who has become more domesticated (by washing all of the clothes, vacuuming, washing up and cooking) than I think he has ever been, and taken it within his stride.

 The man who goes above and beyond what any other boyfriend in my entire life has ever done. 

The man who told me yesterday that I'm not just his girlfriend, but the love of his life.

No wonder I feel lucky, even in my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment