Monday, September 20, 2010

An update in pictures - July

Wow, I cannot believe how much time has passed since I last blogged.  There has just been so much happening in my life that I can't even begin to think where to start.  Life in Sydney with my Sydney Boy still feels like a fairy tale.  Every day I wake up feeling so lucky to have met him and I am sure that I have turned into one of those people I used to hate so badly: the happy in love, the lucky, the one I never thought I would be.  Perhaps hate is the wrong word.  Envy is probably more accurate. I wish I knew how I scored such a wonderful prize so I could share the 'trick' with some of my dearest friends.  It seems to be no more than luck and timing.

We have been very busy since I last wrote.  I surprised my Sydney Boy with tickets to the football to see his favourite team play back in the middle of July.  It was going to take a bit of planning to make it a surprise and still make sure he could get the night off work so I conspired with my friend Karen. I first of all had to get her football expertise on where to find all the information about who plays who, where they play etc, and then the best game to go to with Sydney Boy's favourite team.  Once I'd worked out which game I wanted to take him to, I got her to put a comment on my Facebook wall saying she was coming to Sydney and that she wanted to meet up with my Sydney Boy and I for dinner when she was here.  I then asked Sydney Boy to get the night off work which he did and then I booked the tickets (with a little help from a work colleague about which seats were better).  I only told him three days before the game.  It was incredibly exciting being my first ever football match and I was glad that I'd pulled off the surprise (and that I actually didn't mind going - it was actually kind of fun!).  The look on his face when he realised we were going was priceless.  As it turns out, my friend's suggestion about the game to go to was spot on.

We then flew to Mackay a weekend later on 24 July to see my old school friend Tammy get married.  That was fun although I was a little disappointed we couldn't (well I couldn't) afford to stay longer to go see the Whitsundays seems we were so close.  I guess that's another trip for another time ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The following weekend, we did the 7km Bay Run at Iron Cove on 31 July...  Here's a pic taken before we started

Photobucket

That one was pretty easy really, I was quite surprised at how easy it felt.  I was expecting much worse.  I felt pretty proud of myself for what I had achieved, although incredibly nervous about what was to come the following weekend...

See my next entry for more info...

No comments:

Post a Comment