Monday, September 20, 2010

An update in pictures - August

The week after the Bay Run, we did the 14km City to Surf.  I was so proud of my Sydney Boy who did the run/walk in 2 hours 15 minutes, 20 minutes faster than me.  I got through what is known as Heartbreak Hill OK.  In fact, it was only the last 3km that were hell for me.  My right hand started to swell and I was worried about what this might mean.  I was tempted to stop and ask the St John people, but I was worried that they might not let me finish the race so I pressed on.  The last 2km were agony as my feet felt like they were walking on kni\/es.  I pushed through the pain, determined to finish, determined to make my Sydney Boy proud of me for finishing, and damn it, I finished.  Here are some pics from the day:
Waiting to get started...

This was taken after we got home.  My Sydney Boy and I both passed out on the bed when we got home.  We were so exhausted.  This is what I woke up to.  I could help but take a photo.  The sight did (and still does) melt my heart:




August was a pretty quiet month, mainly because my Sydney Boy had been working lots of night shifts at work so our time together on the weekends were really limited unfortunately :(

Of course the advantage to this is that it makes us realise how important and valuable our time together really is, and that is sooo damn important. 


No comments:

Post a Comment