Monday, September 20, 2010

The day he told me he loves me

Last Tuesday my Sydney Boy was home all day and we had decided to have a 'date' that night seems we hadn't had much time together as a result of his working schedule.  He told me he was cooking dinner, a roast and then we were going to see the new movie that I'd been wanting to see, "Tomorrow, when the war began".  I was excited. 

When I got on the train, he sent me a text message to tell me he had "installed" something that day.  Now, in my domesticated bliss, all the way home, I was wondering what it was he'd installed.  After much thought, I came to the conclusion that he must have secretly organised to get the light above the mirror that I had been complaining about for weeks, fixed.  Then I thought perhaps he'd bought a new gadget (like when he'd bought the telly without telling me he was going to buy one!). 

Then he sent me a text message saying to be careful as I walked in the door.  Well, this had me stumped about what it was he had 'installed' and I decided that it must not be the light in the bathroom at all, but no doubt he's gotten something that he thinks I'll like or that will help me. 

When I arrived home, I opened the door and gingerly put my head around the corner, wondering what I had to be careful of.  The lights were off, there was candle light, and a naked man wearing my pink betty boop fluffy boots topped with an apron standing at the stove with the roast.  Well, this was certainly not what I was expecting at all!  And, what a sight!

I walked in the door and put my bag down as he hugged and kissed me.  I kept looking around trying to see if there was anything new or different.  Between kisses I couldn't see anything.  He sat me down the bed and took of the apron.  He told me he'd dipped himself in strawberries and although I was a little confused, I could smell strawberries on his chest.  It's not that I didn't enjoy kissing my boyfriend or getting a little X rated but I couldn't help but be a little distracted trying to find out what exactly he'd 'installed'.  This is very different to the way I used to be.  He then treated me to a full body massage which was divine and I succumbed to the enjoyment of the massage.

Afterwards, we were sitting in the bath chatting, as we do every night.  I asked him what was installed that day when I noticed that the light over the mirror wasn't fixed.  It's then he tells me that he simply meant he had meant he'd organised something (ie the massage and dinner). Whoops for me... Although I enjoyed everything he'd planned, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed that the light wasn't fixed ha ha.

It's then he also tells me that he'd originally written "I love you" with strawberry body paint on his chest.  Of course this was all smudged and ruined when he put the apron on!

I couldn't help but giggle and fall even more in love with him just at the thought.  It might not have gone the way he'd planned it but I love that he thought of such a creative way of telling me for the first time.

And that is the story of the the day he told me he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment