Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am the luckiest

If you had told me 6 months ago that I would be where I am today, as happy as I am today, I'd probably have laughed in your face.  If you had told me 6 months ago that I would meet someone as wonderful as my Sydney Boy who would keep me more than satisfied and completely happy after 3 months with not one complaint, I'd have told you that you were dreaming.  And yet here I am, living with the man of my dreams, who has exceeded all of my expectations, who makes me happier than I could have dreamed of, who I do not have a single real complaint about.  Maybe it is me who is dreaming.

I really do feel as though I'm the luckiest girl in the world.  I'm sure that most girls feel that way about their partners and really, thats the way it should be right?

Last week, my Sydney Boy gave me the most gorgeous necklace.  Its a heart with a photo of us embossed on one side, and "Friends 4 Life" engraved on the other.  Its perhaps the most thoughtful gift I've ever been given.  I absolutely LOVE it.  When I wear it, I feel like I'm closer to him when we're apart.  I don't want to take it off.

We had so much fun on the weekend - his mate came over for dinner on Saturday night and I cooked chicken nachos and a Chocolate and Caramel Self Saucing Pudding for dessert. It was a good night - I'm glad that his mate and I get along so well.

I can hardly believe how domesticated I've become.  For a girl who would quite often have 2 min noodles for dinner, if I even ate at all, I'm now making all sorts of dishes and funnily enough I actually enjoy cooking for my Sydney Boy.  He's a bit on the fussy side when it comes to eating preferences, but what I like is that he'll give the dish a try.  I love that he trusts me enough to at least try it.  That's important.

On Sunday, we went to Bicentennial Park with the same mate from the night before where we tried to fly a kite (which sadly, failed... we'll definitely have to go again with another kite until we can fly the damn thing!!!).  It was a fun morning/arvo which was topped off by having some lunch before going to see the netball semifinals at the Acer Arena.  My Sydney Boy surprised me with the tickets on Friday night.  The only possible way the weekend could get any better happened when my Sydney Boy cooked a roast dinner on Sunday night for me. 

I miss my Sydney Boy already this week.  He's on night shift so I really only get to snuggle with him when he gets home from work at 5.30am but I have to get up an hour later.  Talking on the phone while he's working just isn't the same and it makes me feel so frustrated - it makes me miss him so much more.  I can't wait until Friday - he has a whole 6 days off so I'll have him for the entire weekend, AND half of the week next week I'll get to come home to him.  He tells me he's been looking up things he can cook for me - I love that he wants to do that for me - just one more reason why I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.


The last two years have been tough, certainly the toughest of my short life so far.  I'm so glad that I had the determination to power on, and not let it all get me down, to learn what I could from it, and, most importantly, believe that life would get better.  Perhaps if I hadn't had that belief and determination my life would be far more gloomy today.

A friend posted this quote on her Facebook status the other day which I think sums up what I guess that I'm trying to say "

“Love comes to those who still hope even though they've been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they've been betrayed, to those who still love even though they've been hurt before.

My Sydney Boy is my reward, and what a wonderful reward it is - and I'm lapping up every single last ounce of it.

In the words of Ben Folds Five, "I am the luckiest"

No comments:

Post a Comment