Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Surprises

I have always loved a good surprise.  Although I hate the suspense when you know there's a surprise, you just don't know what it is.  Knowing how I love a good surprise, my Sydney Boy organised one for me at the end of September. 

He didn't tell me where we were going and he only gave me clues which of course did not help me at all to guess where we were going.  So, on a Sunday morning, we got up relatively early and set off on our drive down to the south coast.  It was a bright sunny day and he chose well in that regard.

It turns out, he took me to Jambaroo Action Park.  We spent the day exploring what the park had to offer: a chair lift up to the top of the mountain, and then toboggan down, the man made beach complete with fake waves, there were water slides but I'm a little scared of those from bad experiences as a kid, and a rock where you can jump in from a height.

At lunch time, we had taken some meat along so we could have a BBQ lunch and we enjoyed it in the shade on such a beautiful warm day. 

On the drive home, I couldn't help but reflect on how much I love surprises, and how truly wonderful this surprise was.

No comments:

Post a Comment